Saturday, July 11, 2009

Buchanan should not have written such stuff: Ganguly

Sourav Ganguly
KOLKOTA: Former Indian cricket team skipper Sourav Ganguly said that Buchanan should not have written such remarks in his recently published book. He called it unfortunate. John Buchanan, former Australia coach, has been removed as the coach of Kolkata Knight Riders team. Ganguly said that though he has not read the book, The Future of Cricket: The Rise of Twenty20, but seen some news update on the net.


Ganguly mentioned that Buchanan has done well for Australia as a coach. People hold him in high esteem and all these were unnecessary. “I don’t think this should have happened… I think, we Indians are used to it now. So, it’s unfortunate and we just got to deal with it.” Sourav also termed speculations to the CAB election news in the air.


“I have just said that I want to come into administration… There is no guarantee. I have not entered into administration yet and people are thinking of 2014. It’s disappointing actually.” “Playing cricket and administration are two different things.

When I played for India, I got good wishes from my teammates, and by just announcing my intent, I have been reading so many stories. “This is all speculation. I have not decided anything, and as I said, it’s not about fighting elections. It’s about trying to help the game. I want to be at a place from where I can help the game. It’s how they take it,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment